Russell's oldest crane
This old crane was first put onto Russell's first wharf, Stephenson's just north of the police station in 1866. The goods were transferred onto small trucks and moved into a warehouse.
In 1860 the Government purchased it, moved it to their wharf and used it to unload coastal shipping. Later on welding was done so that it could weigh game fishing that was caught. Today Russell has a new updated wharf and the crane was moved near the Russell Museum.