Kerikeri Stone Store
This is one interesting building! Built in 1832 the Kerikeri Stone Store was originally a Mission Society warehouse specifically to hold mission supplies and wheat from the Waimate Mission Farm but also included various roles such as a trading post, library, barracks, and a school.
It was built by an Australian convict named William Perrott and designed by Wesleyan missionary John Hobbs, it is New Zealand's oldest stone building.
These days it's used as a gift store and people can browse inside to see the stone floors and walls - hence it's name.
Join us on Facebook at the Northland Heritage Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1109709272401824/